Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Kick-off

Ah.  Another fall day has come and gone.  The crispy leaves are finally beginning to realize that it is indeed that time of year.  I have a slight urge to shout out with glee.  The undying, damp smell that lurks about in the dry air is unwavering, and I don't want it to ever go away.

The slight sip of a pumpkin spice latte and a great place to write is my kind of fall activity--wouldn't you agree?  I have been so busy since last year, which has also made it quite exciting.  I have encountered many wonderful experiences this past year, and am excited to record all the adventures to come, right here in this blog.  It probably won't be a challenge to force my creative writing club at school to sneak just a quick peek of my adventures that will be written on this website in the future.  One blog entry a week.  Yes, I think that seems fair.

A little bit about me?  I am a fifteen year old writer and have recently published my poem "Paint by Numbers" in the "A Celebration of Poets 2012" book from being one of the winners of a contest.  Writing is one of my favorite activities, and especially if I can share my creations with others.  I am a high schooler at CDA Charter Academy and absolutely love it.  You may have noticed that my blog is strangely titled, "Song Bird"--I love to sing.  And writing strongly connects to my love of songs, and I think the title will speak for itself sooner or later.

I hope I can interest you all with my fun life and things that I have done or things that I have seen or heard, silly or serious, ugly or beautiful.  I will be recording things and ideas and try to paint a picture for you readers.

On that note, I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed week.  This is me signing off. . . until next time!


Grace and majesty, characterized by
Beautiful colors;
Brown, black, white, gold;
Splattered here and there like a
Paint-by-numbers creation.

But the inner beauty counts just as much as the outer;
Depends on the kind that you befriend;
Maybe a perky would match with a trot that laughs;
Or a serene would fit nicely with a free canter,
Matching the rhythm of a summer breeze.

I have my inner horse;
My wild, adventurous side;
I may have my nasty side,
But a wild, free spirit that we both share.
I may not have the strong, rippling muscles,
Or the beautiful image when I move to and fro;
But it's the heart and soul that I carry, 
For that can be compared, though I would
Never win.

~"Paint By Numbers" -by Abby Tenney




No comments:

Post a Comment